Television Style interrogates the signifying power of sound and image in television.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Dare We Look Closely at Television?
1. Television and Zero-Degree Style
2. Stylistic Crossover in the Network Era: From Film to Television
3. The Persuasive Power of Style
4. Style in an Age of Media Convergence
5. Televisuality and the Resurrection of the Sitcom in the 2000s
Jeremy Butler has written about television style for over thirty years, publishing in Screen, Cinema Journal, The Journal of Popular Film and Video, and Jump Cut. His textbook, Television, contains the most comprehensive overview of style in television studies. He has taught television, film, and new media at the University of Alabama since 1980.